If you are in the Taxi Business, then taxi dispatch software acts as a steering wheel for your business. Means, there are different parts in a car such as Engine, transmission, brakes but steering is the one which directs the car in the right direction. Likewise taxi management software directs the business owners in the right direction by helping them to streamline operations, improve customer service and increase profitability.
However choosing the right taxi dispatch software is the difficult one, but it can be a hassle free process, if you read the facts and features listed below.
Before learning abouts the facts and features, you need to be prepared by finding answers for these questions.
- What is your Budget ? – Taxi Dispatch Software comes in different price range so it’s important to finalize the budget before you start shopping, so that you won’t over spend.
- Identify your wants and needs ? -What features are most important to your taxi business? Consider the core features of dispatch management and customer management, as well as other features such as analytics tracking. Prioritise your requirements and make a list of the must-have features before you start shopping.
- What are the pros and cons of Different Taxi Dispatch software ? – After narrowing down your features list, you should collect reviews of different taxi management software. This can give you wide knowledge about pros and cons of each system.
Here are some additional factors to consider while choosing taxi dispatch software:
- How is their customer support ? – Good Customer support will act as an added advantage, when taxi business owners looking for their dispatch softwares. Good software vendors should provide support 24/7 if they need it, especially during peak hours or when there are problems with the software.
- How is their Security ? – Security is an important consideration when choosing a best taxi dispatch software. Inside software we collect lot of sensitive information such as Customer name, phone number, Address, Card information. So the software we use should provide robust security features, protecting data from unauthorised access or use.
- Is it easy to use ? – while choosing taxi dispatch software, the factor to be considered the most is “How ease the software is use for Business owners, their drivers and to their customers”. Good user interface will increase the training time and Good user experience will improve efficiency.
Once you have considered all the above factors, Before you make the decision it’s the time to compare features of different softwares, their pricing and their extended support.
- Dispatch Management: Dispatch management is a crucial aspect of running a successful taxi business, and there are several key features to consider when choosing the best taxi dispatch system. Here are seven important points to keep in mind:
- Add/Edit Bookings
- Driver Tracking
- Search Bookings
- Driver Plots
- Cancel Bookings
- Allocate Drivers
- Export Bookings
- Driver Management: Driver management is a crucial component of choosing the right taxi dispatch software. Here are three key points to consider:
- Dispatch System should have a feature for managing Driver Documents
- Keep Track of Document expiry Dates
- Real Time ride status updates
- Payment processing: One of the most important component of taxi software is payment processing. Customers should be comfortable, convenient and secure when they pay for their rides. The software should support variety of payment methods including credit cards, debit cards and multiple payment gateways for a hassle-free payment. I will list few payment gateways for your reference – paypal, square, stripe, sumup, mollie, viva, RMS etc.
- Reporting and analytics: Taxi dispatch software without a reporting and analytics makes it hard for taxi business owners to track its business performance and identify the areas of improvement. So reporting and analytics should be a most important factor when you are considering to purchase Taxi Dispatch Software.
- Voucher Management: This feature allows businesses to create and manage vouchers, give specific voucher per customer, Single/Multi use voucher, Give Flat or Percentage Discount that can be used by customers for Discounts or Free rides. This feature helps business owners to increase their customer engagement, boost sales and improve customer satisfaction.
For taxi companies of all kinds, taxi booking system is an essential tool. It can help businesses to increasing profitability, streamline the business processes, and enhance customer service. It can be difficult to select the best taxi dispatch software, though.
To help you to find the taxi dispatch software, its important to consider all the important factors which we discussed above in this blog post including your needs, Budgets and your business requirements. Also you should read reviews and attend Demos of different Taxi Software and compare their features, pricing, security and their support.
Once you have taken into account of all the considerations which we have listed in this blog, then you will be on your way to select the Right Taxi Dispatch Software which suits your needs and for your business.